Sunday, February 21, 2010

Serendipity!

I've had just a wonderful and memorable and happy 48 hours. Probably some of my best hours yet spent in Scotland.

First let me start with the fact that I have been alternating listening to Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros and the Magnetic Fields for the past few days and I'm very happy with this.

Yesterday, through SCENIC, the student organisation I went on a bus trip through the Highlands of Scotland. We went to a town called Oban on the western coast of the country. It was absolutely stunning. We saw Loch Lomond and the water was more still and reflective than glass. I struggled to get nice photos through the bus windows. We walked around Oban for a few hours, it's such a quaint, picturesque town. I fell in love. It's right on the water, somehow the colors just seemed more saturated. The blues were stunning and everything just seemed to glisten.

On the bus trip back the conversation was flowing, even though we were all tired. I spent the majority of the day with Jaime, Rebecca & Shannon, and Kyle and Eric. It was just a beautiful day.

When we got back I decided that I wanted to go dancing, as usual. I convinced Jaime to come out and we met with Rebecca and headed to a pub called Rush. It's a tacky student attraction, but they serve drinks for one pound every night. So, I had 5 drinks. The deal is just too tempting. Irn Bru and vodka? Yes please. We left then, and headed to a club called the Hive. The Hive was hideous. It was packed with pre-teens and the music was shite. It was an eclectic mix of Greenday, Journey, Blink 182, and the Blackeyed Peas. No thank you. In the midst of the writhing teens who were probably out celebrating a mates 18th birthday I was backed into a conversation about my favorite band by an oversized, sweating giant with a polo shirt. I declined from talking about the subject, and he looked at me, confused and then shouted over the drum and bass..."well, is your favorite band Greenday?" I think I said "I can't do this," and walked away.

We left then and went around the street to Sneaky Petes, a club with a tiny dancefloor and decent music. Fraz and Collin were there, Mike's friends who took Jaime and I snowboarding and they are great! This is where the story gets really good. We had been at the club for about 20 -30 minutes when I look up and who is standing directly in my line of sight? CHRIS! Chris Bryant!
The friend that Sandra went to and artist gathering with and introduced me to over the internet, we've been communicating for months now, but hadn't yet managed to follow through with a plan. I'm sure my jaw dropped to the floor! I was so shocked and excited to see him!!!! And boy is he CUTE! He was nervous, which was adorable and we danced together the rest of the night...I pulled out all my really successful dance moves, like the robot arm, etc. It was a really good time. I sort of lost track of everything, all my other memories are hazy somehow, it's weird. Jaime was there, and I remember Chris calling us sisters. Anyways, hours passed and it was such a good time, and we all left together because we live in similar directions, it was me and Jaime and Chris and a friend of his. We ended up stopping on the corner of TollCross and talking for another 30 minutes, it was just simply so wonderful. I still can't believe that we found each other inadvertently. I love serendipitous moments!

No comments:

Post a Comment