Sunday, February 28, 2010

Today was charmed. I had a wonderful time with Chris, we met around 2 and spent the day at a gallery on the east side of Princes Street called the Fruitmarket Gallery. The artist showing was Toby Paterson, a painter/installation artist, who works with pretty limited color and a lot of geometric marks. The work was cool, some pieces stood out and others blended in for me. Chris and I had a really nice chat in the gallery cafe and then left to hit some shoe stores looking for trainers. No success there, but we had awesome sandwiches at this small tea house (the same place Mike's friend was showing photographs) and then we went to the Filmhouse to see the new Jean-Pierre Jeunet film, Micmacs, and It was phenomenal. It was definitely one of the most beautifully shot films I've ever seen. It was about arms dealers and their misuse of power, etc, but it mostly followed this one man and his assorted family of uniquely talented people who set out to teach the arms dealers a lesson. It was just so perfect. I had such a wonderful time; hanging out with Chris is really easy, I'm looking forward to a really solid friendship.

I stopped by Benny and Daves on the way home to check out what was going on in terms of the Olympic Canada vs. America ice hockey game. I was surprised to see about 50 people packed into Benny's room all glued to the tv. It was about 50% Americans and 50% Canadians so the tension was high. I couldn't care less about ice hockey, I just wanted to get home and fiddle with photoshop and images, but I got trapped in a corner and it was nice to be around friends for a moment. The US was down 2-1 with 24 seconds on the board, when they managed to score. It was ridiculous, everyone flipped out. When I decided to head home, moments before overtime began, people commented on my timing. I prefer sports with more exposed skin.

Had a jolly chat with Adam on the tellyphone tonight, we're two peas in a pod when it comes to our senses of humor. I feel like I'm settling into a really nice niche in terms of making friends. I'm really happy where I am right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment